Monday, June 02, 2008

Surface pressure

The one thing that I really identify with most anymore is the idea, taken from a song, and society really, is that I want to “slide down the surface of things.” (U2- Even Better Than The Real Thing) It isn’t some unconscious reaction to society in general, although I think it exists in society as an affliction. I just have no desire to be that attached to anything. I remember times in my life when I was so attached, so into a thing that it became something I was identified with, almost a lifestyle. I remember those times and think to myself, “Shoot, I missed something there.” I’d like to be open to everything, well, not EVERYthing, just I don’t want to miss out on anything because I’m so drawn into something else.

The most significant manifestation of this in my life currently is athletics…I’m not a super athlete, but I have the ability to, at the very minimum, attempt any athletic activity. Certainly I’d like to do it all really well, but just participating in athletics is a pleasure for me. Not getting terribly serious about any one activity, and giving as many as I can a try. Though, bicycle polo looks like a death trap…


----------------
Now playing: Tiga - Good As Gold - Original Mix
via FoxyTunes

No comments: