Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rewriting the new bike

I've burned my eyes out staring at and trying to rewrite my cover letter and make it awesome and poignant. And, say what's important without going over a page. It's below a page, but still a little long I feel. Currently I'm sick of looking at it and really feeling this is one of those weaknesses that I need to really improve on and make a strength, I just get so sick of it though. AAAAAARGH. I'm taking a break and going to dwell on it while I head down to Portland for Avenue Q and a family get together.

I'm anxious for Avenue Q, I get to dress up for the show. This is something that I enjoy. I admit my vanity, but I really do love to get dressed up, wear and look my best and be seen... I find it fun and I like to see how others look and what's in vogue. Of course the atrocities that some people try to pull off are pretty entertaining as well!!! I try not to pass judgment, but sometimes it's unavoidable. Reminds me of the formal I went to for new years...oh my gosh, ladies, there IS a difference between tasteful and trashy, please recognize the difference.

I'm stoked I got my new bicycle today!!! It's so cool, and I even got to ride it! Let me tell you it's a real joy to ride something so lite and nimble across the streets and I'm anxious to to get more miles on it. First, new tires and pedals. I'm just paranoid about punctures and I've been really pleased with armadillos. They make a 700 x 23, so I'm planning on picking some up in Portland. The bike came with clip in, but I don't have bike shoes and am not anxious to get any, so I'll also be looking for toe clips/cages for a little more power. Lastly, I need a more healthy seat and will be ordering that later after I try the one I ordered for the mountain bike...

----------------
Now playing: John B - Take me home
via FoxyTunes

No comments: