Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The thirty some-odd post wall

I'm now into the 30's for my postings and I feel them waining. Much like my speeches, which I haven't been able to complete more that 3 for no other reason that I'm lacking the initiative and a good topic. I believe I've remedied that now, think Sports Nutrition. I've been reading about it a bit lately, been trying to apply it to my diet, and I believe I could speak about it for at least a few minutes.

Speaking of hitting walls, it seems like I'm hitting a wall with running. I haven't really gotten back into the swing of things since my injury, things keep interrupting and I took so much time off for the injury... The last few runs have been pretty horrible feeling. One last week was horrible because my lunch was still bothering me, and just all the runs lately have been much weaker in comparison to April when I got my 100 miles in a month. I believe some of this is related to my diet, I'm getting lots of calories, but it's at a very high carbohydrate cost, and that is making me feel icky when I run. Of course running into the wind last night didn't feel good anyway...

Enough griping, here's my weekend summary: Friday, Bicycle polo - not quite the death trap I thought it would be, but there's plenty of potential. I had a good time and the group was really nice, so that made it pleasant! I'm really enjoying getting out and attempting all these great sports and I'm fortunate to be healthy enough to do so. Did some laundry that evening and left for Seattle in the AM. Drive was nice and uneventful, it was sunny when I left and when I got to Seattle it was rainy, big surprise. I don't mind the rain at all though and I went straight to my friends' apartment. Cecilia was there as well, a new friend who I actually went to High School with, she's cheerful and that's pleasant. Allan, of course, was there with his brother and we all just chatted a bit. Allan and I went out to a burger joint he's been raving about for ages and I finally got to go this weekend. Red Mill Burgers, it was good, but the server girl, I could totally see her thong. Any other circumstance and I wouldn't have thought twice about it...

After dinner Allan and I went to see Zohan. It was funny. Then we hung out at his place and I finally went to see Crystal Castles. They were good, but way too short of a performance. the crowd was decent, a surprising mix, and I had a good time. Met Allan later at his favourite bar and then several of us went to his place and crashed. Next day was the nicest I've seen in Seattle and I sat by the window, with a great view of downtown. Later that evening I drove home. I was a way too short weekend all in all.
----------------
Now playing: HEALTH - Tabloid Sores (Lovely Chords Remix)
via FoxyTunes

No comments: