Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Kate Bush is saving my life

I swear it. For the past dew days I've been listening to Kate Bush and it is really impressing me how much I enjoy her music. I remember her 80's hit "Cloudbusting," from various 80's compilations I've received. I've liked the song, not blown away by it, but found it pleasant. Anyhow, I was recently reading a blog in which one of the contributors dared another to perform The Sensual World at karaoke. Although an inside joke, I was really taken with the song; somekind of sensuality I'm trying to find in myself again, I guess. So the song really impressed me and I went out and got a bunch more of Kate Bush's music, watching videos etc etc. I know she's not the next big thing, but I have to say I'm really impressed with her music, her artistry and work in general. She is a unique artist and shouldn't be overlooked.

No comments: