Monday, May 12, 2008

The road to recovery is filled with boredom.

Finally, after 2 weeks I'm finally feeling at 100%, so I get to start running again!!! Thank goodness, I was seriously going stir crazy for a bit there. So what did I do you might ask, well... Mostly I did things to the point that I could keep off my feet. Luckily we've had some beautiful weather here and we have a hammock at the house, so I was out on that a lot. I tried to read, but kept dozing off. It was fine, but I'd prefer to have accomplished some reading, I've been so remiss in my reading and the list of books I want to read keeps getting longer...and longer.

Speaking of reading, I'll just make mention that I'm keen to start reading some books about sports nutrition. I made a point to up my protein intake while recovering from this injury, as I think it was muscle damage, and I don't know that it helped, but I was keeping it in mind. I'd like to get more knowledgeable about sports nutrition, that can only help me in recovery and training, and I need all the help I can get.

After the run/walk of Bloomsday I continued to rest the foot, but did more walking around and things. I was very conscious of my step/gate, and made sure not to limp, to the best of my ability. I think I've recovered well, and my foot feels good, so we'll see how I do running on it. I think I'll start with a 3.

I helped my father do some work on Friday, that involved driving his little tractor around and burying some root guard material in the ground. The little tractor is kind of fun to drive around, and I didn't have much trouble with it, but it was so dirty out there...I was filthy when I was done. I did chores at home after that.

Saturday my brother and I drove to Portland to see my mother for Mother's Day. It was a really nice drive and we made good time. We saw my mother for a bit, walked around downtown Portland for a bit then went for dinner at a nice steak house. It was very good, but not the best steak I've had, surprisingly. Thank you Bro.

I just followed the links to Parallels myspace page, and let me tell he's got some killer tunes on there.
----------------
Now playing: Parallels - BacktoEarth.Mix.for.VALERIE
via FoxyTunes

No comments: